Facing a complex staffing issue?
Trying to support an employee with mental health issues, but needing to address concerns with their performance at the same time?
When an organisational issue is complicated and beyond the standard EAP service, early expert engagement reduces risk and prevents issues from becoming costly disasters.
Such issues might involve an employee or manager who is experiencing work or non-work related difficulties that are seriously impacting upon their behaviour, performance, or attendance at work.
It may be an employee who appears to be experiencing mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, or grief. Or it could be an employee who is suffering from a physical health condition that is impacting on their ability to perform their duties. Or perhaps it is an employee who is problematic in terms of their workplace performance, but the causative factors aren’t clear.
Our experience indicates that these issues commonly incur significant costs on organisations. These costs are not just financial in nature, with considerable collateral impact on the wellbeing and performance of other staff (including managers). Frequently underperforming employees who experience the types of difficulties outlined above are also unhappy with the circumstance they find themselves in, which in turn leads to greater disengagement.
While the costs associated with chronic employee underperformance are widely acknowledged, dealing with and resolving complex employee issues like fitness for work and long-term problematic behaviour is often very difficult for both managers and organisations. Even when initial attempts are made at addressing the issues of concern, the internal intervention is frequently compromised or abandoned for fear of adverse outcomes such as workers’ compensation claims, complaints, or litigation.
Psychological risk management is a consultative process to help organisations reduce the risks and costs, and to achieve a positive resolution to such concerns, both for the organisation and employee.
Our suite of psychological risk management services include:
- Resolving interpersonal conflict between staff members
- Managing workplace bullying situations
- Managing workplace harassment situations
- Managing employee mental health issues
- Providing effective injury management solutions
- Facilitating employee return to work situations
- Facilitating difficult conversations between staff/employees
- Undertaking fitness for work assessments
- Providing health and wellbeing solutions and programs to employers
- Enhancing resilience and undertaking resilience building with staff
- Providing HR management, consultancy and advice
- Undertaking wellbeing debriefs with staff following traumatic events
- Critical incident clinical management support to management and Human Resources to ensure staff wellbeing needs are supported following traumatic events
- Facilitating the implementation of reasonable adjustment needs of staff in the workplace
- Preventing costly workers’ compensation claims