SHIFT: A MASTERCLASS IN THE NEUROPSYCHOLOGY OF HARD CONVERSATIONS.
Adelaide March 26, Perth March 28, Melbourne April 12,
Sydney May 14, Brisbane May 16, 2019
A WEALTH OF BENEFITS
- comprehensive training and practice in the before, during and after skills, by the expert.
- accreditation with the INFLUENCE DIMENSIONS tool (over 50,000 users and published in two management texts), which enables you to conduct your own workshops
- a 25 page SHIFT workbook plus PPTs
- an Influence Dimensions Facilitator guide.
- ongoing support access
You will also:
- build confidence in starting a hard conversation
- reduce the effort required and prevent the conversation escalating into bad feelings and conflict
- learn how to maintain a good relationship with the person afterwards
- identify your inhibiting ‘tells’ and enhance your skills
- become expert at having an influential conversation with a wide range of people and contexts.
Why we find difficult conversations so difficult: the neuropsychology of it.
- THE SHIFT METHOD introduced
SORT yourself out first and plan what you want to achieve.
- Mirror neurons, non-verbal communication and trust.
- Introduction to the Influence Dimensions hard conversation process and the 3 Ps approach.
- The SCARF framework of approach and avoidance.
- Goleman’s EQ contribution to hard conversations.
HARNESS your unique skills and cleverly use the context to your advantage.
- Matching and non-verbal impact on credibility.
- Conversations with different personality types
INFLUENCE the conversation with subtle skill.
- The 6 ways to be understood and guide the conversation.
- Cialdini’s tips: reciprocity, scarcity, authority, consistency, liking, and consensus.
FOCUS on what is crucial for the other person and for you.
- The conflict triangle
- 5 ways to keep on track and in charge.
TEST out the sustainability of the result.
- How to follow up and embed the message.
- In conversation testing. Post conversation testing.
Fee: $1400 plus GST. Early bird $900 plus GST per person. Closes 15th March 2019 and group (5 or more) registrations –
For registrations and more information please call